Using this web site
This site is for:
- Staff in educational institutions and in organisations providing services who wish to engage with the UK Federation.
- Those who need to know the legal terms & conditions for joining the UK federation and other documents relating to membership.
- Technical staff who wish to get support and technical information.
- Anyone wishing to find out about SAML-based access management. (This subject quickly becomes quite technical.)
This site is not intended for end users of services accessible via the UK Federation, who should contact their local support staff.
- Join the Federation
- Federation service documents
- Set up a Shibboleth version 4 Identity Provider
- Set up a Shibboleth Service Provider
- Register an IdP or SP (any software)
- Attributes used in the Federation
- Test an Identity Provider or Service Provider installation
- Use an outsourced Identity Provider or Service Provider
Links for more general use
- Benefits of federated access management
- UK Federation News
- For information on training events, please visit Jisc Training.
- The UK federation logo and conditions of use
- Access management Presentations
- Alphabetical list of pages
- Case studies
- Consultation Group
- site update RSS feed
- UK federation News RSS feed
- New SP RSS feed