Accessibility statement for the UK federation Central Discovery Service (https://wayf.ukfederation.org.uk)
This statement applies to content published on
- https://wayf-staging.ti.ja.net (a staging copy for UK federation internal use only)
It does not apply to content on other subdomains.
Note: clicking the links above will take you to a Forbidden page. Content from https://wayf.ukfederation.org.uk is only served when using a service provider that is configured to utilise the UK federation Central Discovery service. For example the UK federation Test SP
This website is run by Jisc. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without problems
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- The logos served via the UK federation Central Discovery service are not in the control of Jisc, therefore we can't control content, colours and contrast. These also shared a signle alt tag
- A single alt tag is used to describe an advert, which simple states "Advert Image"
- A limited number of zoom and scaling issues
- Tooltips over the word "organisation" which carry alternative words to describe any organisation, maybe inaccessible.
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille contact us:
- email - email@example.com
- call - 0300 300 2212 (or +44 300 300 2212 international)
- Or speak to your relationship manager
We’ll consider your request and get back to you. In most cases, we will provide you something called a WAYFless link, so that you can by-pass the UK federation Central Discovery Service. These can often be generated by end-users using the WAYFLess URL Generator - WUGEN
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us with a complaint and you're not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS)
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Jisc is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is classed as non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Issues with images, video and audio
There is unhelpful alt text on some images. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We are unable to correct these as described above.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Whenever new features are released they must meet WCAG 2.1 AA. We’re also committed to working on the issues above.
This statement was prepared on 8 August 2023.