Service Provider Membership charges
Posted on Thursday, 15 July 2021
All publicly funded higher education, further education, school, research, local council and national library organisations in the UK, including UK higher education owned university presses are EXEMPT from this charge.
The charge ensures that service providers are making equal contributions to institutional members in funding the running of the federation. This will also support ongoing development and future-proofing of the federation, driving value for years to come.
How will it work?
• As a service provider, your annual membership fee will vary depending on the number of entities you have registered in the federation
• The charge has been modelled to benefit 90% of service providers who have less than 6 entities registered. This will be charged at £1,000 per annum, equating to £83.33 per month
• The maximum fee a service provider will pay is £3,000 pa to register unlimited entities
• Additional benefits include the dedicated UKAMF support desk, access to the rest of the world via eduGAIN, and access to more than 96% of the UK student population
The following will be exempt from charges:
• All publicly funded higher education, further education, school, research, local council and national library organisations in the UK, including UK higher education owned university presses
• Organisations that do not have a service provider entity registered in the UKAMF
• Members who have registered production identity entity providers. However, you may be subject to an identity provider membership charge if you are not publicly funded by the UK Government
There is more information on federation membership and tariff applicability on the UKAMF website. https://www.ukfederation.org.uk/content/Documents/Membershipchargepolicy
We are also holding a webinar on Wednesday 21 July at 13:00 where we will answer any questions you have about the charging changes. Please email me, email@example.com if you would like to attend or have any questions.
As ever, if you need assistance from the UKAMF helpdesk please email firstname.lastname@example.org.